To Command The Time


Mid-summer is such a time to feel lethargic and lazy. "The lazy summer days," right? The changing of seasons sharpens my senses and memories, but long days of humid weather make me sleepy and slow. I don't want that for July. 





I detest in myself that I do not satisfy the desire for order, reading, good conversation, direction over my children, etc- but instead slump into a chair- tired, scrolling. I feel my life passing by. 
 

July will be a month of prayer and order. Meals and swimming. Reads and thinking.

No commonplace this morning. I've been reading L.M. Montgomery, and could probably add in one of Anne's or Emily's (of New Moon, which is an underrated side series, very good) descriptions of the summer evenings. How about I create my own?

"As she walked outside into the misty evening dusk, the barn swallows dipped gracefully through the golden air. The little fairies began their evening dance with the fireflies, and the green grass waved a peaceful hello. The twilight hour breathed a fresh breath into the tired day, and she was glad to drink it in." 

Not as good as L.M. but words nonetheless.

Comments